BUS SAFETY - RULES AND REGULATIONS
Bus Safety First Rules
The safety of Clark County School District bus riders is the department’s first and largest priority. Parents/Guardians are strongly encouraged to review the bus safety rules and video with their child each year. This is especially important for first time bus riders. Please take a few moments to read and discuss the following rules with your child:
Please have your child view the Bus Safety Video – The Safety Team:
What is a danger zone around a school bus?
- The Danger Zone is a space all around the school bus. It extends out 10 feet (10 giant steps) in all directions. The School Bus Driver cannot see you in this zone. He or she cannot see you around the wheels either. It is very dangerous to be in the Danger Zone.
If you cross the road:
- Make eye contact with the driver.
- Wait for the driver to signal you when it is safe to cross.
- Be sure it is safe – Look left, right, then left again.
- NEVER CROSS BEHIND THE BUS.
Where should I stop when I see a school bus with red lights flashing and the stop sign is out on the bus?
Whenever you see the alternating flashing red lights on a school bus, you must stop if you are on a two-lane roadway.
or you are on a multiple lane roadway and you are traveling in the same direction as the bus